Our Labour Day festival weekend is a grassroots family event, featuring multiple stages with performers from across the continent and around the corner. We also offer an exceptional array of talented visual artists, fabulous hands-on programming for families, fine local foods, and our Wellness and Sustainable Living Village displays and workshops.
Our Sustainable Living Village offers an opportunity for festival-goers to explore new options in sustaining resources and energy on our planet and within our own lives.
This year's festival on Labour Day Weekend begins Friday August 31 to Sunday September 2, 2012.
As organizers we have chosen not to "rent" space in the village. We invite those interested in participating to apply through our application process which informs our experienced jury in its planning for this year's festival.
Each year the festival carefully crafts a grouping of unique Village contributors offering learning, new ideas, and support for our efforts to maintain a vibrant Village that evolves each year to appeal to both new visitors and our regular festival-goers.
We are looking for contributors willing to interact with our audience and demonstrate their area of interest. In this way we hope to provide a more integrated experience, and enhance the opportunity for the community to understand the options in alternative health and wellness. Our contributors become part of the Festival team presenting a weekend experience for the community.
The Festival offers contributors:
- An opportunity to provide information and services for the public
- Free access to the festival on the day(s) of your participation
- Free access to the hospitality area for breaks and meals, on the day(s) of your participation
- An opportunity to display educational and limited promotional material related to your business or practice
Contributors may apply to offer:
- Participation in a panel discussion on a topic that supports Sustainable Living
- An interactive presentation or workshop on a Sustainable Living topic or practice
- Involvement in the festival for one day, or for the entire weekend
For further information, please contact the Festival at 905.349.2788 or