For the latest info contact our Volunteer Coordinator Ali at 905 349 3951 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome, fellow volunteers.
Volunteering at the SVFF is a rewarding and enriching experience. The SVFF is a community-based, family-oriented festival where people have the opportunity to work and interact in a safe and welcoming atmosphere. We have more than 300 volunteers providing necessary services for the festival - we recognize the essential contribution of our volunteers and applaud their efforts!
For high school aged volunteers, we are able to coordinate with school board personnel to count volunteer hours towards completion of curriculum requirements for community service. Seniors and families have all enjoyed their volunteer experience at the SVFF.
In return for volunteering to help create a magical experience for others, each volunteer is admitted free of charge for the weekend, provided with a "meal ticket" which includes Friday dinner, breakfast, lunch & dinner on Saturday and Sunday breakfast and lunch, as well as a festival Volunteer T-shirt sourced from an ethical supplier, with each volunteer asked for a $10 payment to help with all costs (includes HST - therefore not a donation).
If at any time you have questions about the volunteer process or the positions available, you are welcome to contact me by email at email@example.com or call 905-349-3951. If I don't know, I can find out!
Who are our Volunteers?
- Our volunteers come from far and wide from many regions, provinces and even other countries!
- Our volunteers are 16 or older… or, aged 14 or 15 and volunteering alongside their parent or guardian.
- For some roles, a “police reference” document is needed and noted: you’ll need time to obtain.
What You Should Consider Before Signing Up
- Volunteer payment $10 (includes HST- therefore not a donation)
- Festival weekend roles require a commitment of 12 hours or more and pre- festival roles a minimum of 24 hours.
- If pre- festival roles take less than 24 hours you're asked to help all of us, by volunteering for festival "short shifts".
- Animals/Pets cannot be brought to the Festival with you or kept in volunteer cars or campers. We respect that we are all guests on site and ask our volunteers (and public) to meet this essential direction.
- Service Dogs providing access support are welcome (please advise us on signing up).
- Our site is a sloping farmer's field with "rough field camping", bulk water and no showers.
- While we offer a variety of foods including vegetarian, those with special needs or preferences are welcome to bring their own provisions or visit our exceptional Public Food vendors.
A Few Ways We Thank Our Volunteers
- Your commitment to appropriate conduct, enthusiasm, tolerance and flexibility returns access to our weekend Festival.
- Volunteers enjoy local foods prepared with great care at no cost (Friday PM, Saturday three meals, Sunday breakfast and lunch).
- Our Board of Directors invites registered volunteers to join us for a closing BBQ on Sunday night after the public festival closes.
- You are invited to our annual Community Potluck Picnic held the third Sunday of July.
How To Learn More Before Signing Up
- We invite you to visit all of our web site pages to learn more about SVFF and our festival
- Read through our "Volunteer Roles List” (previous year volunteers sign up through April, new volunteer sign up opens in May)
- Welcome any time, emails or calls to our Volunteer Coordinator with questions.
Yes! I’m Ready to Sign Up
- Starting in early May you will be able to click on our 'Sign Up' button and follow the instructions to work through the registration form.
- NEW THIS YEAR: If you're unsure about where to volunteer just click on the "send me roles" option to receive a list of roles that are urgently needing volunteers.
- Email any questions to our Volunteer Coordinator here or call 905-349-3951
or mail us: SVFF Volunteer c/o PO Box 29, Grafton, ON, K0K 2G0
- Please note, SVFF reserves the right to decline a volunteer's application
- Once registered, you’ll receive a return email or call from us confirming your choices
- Be patient, next our volunteer Operating Committee (Yellow Shirts) and Crew Chiefs are advised of your interest and will contact you as soon as they can about the role and area you’ve chosen.
- Volunteer sign up is open right up to the Festival - don't hesitate to contact us!